3 years Postgraduate Program, Political Science
| Print |
Date: three-year postgraduate program
Deadline: 31st May 2010
Open to: see Eligibility
The Department of Political Science, Institute for Advanced Studies in Vienna, offers a three-year postgraduate program aiming to explore the logic of political contestation in this setting of increasingly
interwoven levels of governance.
The students are required to develop and carry out a PhD project on an issue related to the theme of the program. In addition to proposals addressing the multi-level nature of political contestation in
contemporary Europe. The comparative projects focusing on politics at either the EU or the domestic levels alone are also accepted.
* applicants with Master’s degree in Political Science or other
disciplines relevant to the program (degrees should be received by
* excellent command of the English language is essential since the working language of the program is English.
* Successful candidates will have access to fully-equipped office space
at the institute and enjoy the full range of IHS support services;
* 8 fellowships of 850 Euro per month (tax-free), but participation in
the program is also possible for a limited number of additional
students with alternative sources of funding.
All interested interetsed applicants should submit:
1. the application from;
2. the motivation letter;
3. a current curriculum vitae;
4. a dissertation outline (6-10 pages);
5. scans of relevant academic certificates (BA, MA, MSc, Diploma etc.).
All the mentioned documents need to be submitted to the Department’s
administrative manager Elisabet Torggler at:
The closing date is 31st May 2010. Interviews with shortlisted
candidates will take place in mid-June 2010.